Improve Your Health AND Improve Your World!*
The mission of company we represent, which is the most clinically-proven wellness company in the world, is not only to bring true wellness to the world, but to the earth we live on as well. They were was eco-friendly before it was a “thing.” In fact, they were the first company in the world to be certified Climate Neutral, which means that they’ve completely offset their CO2 emissions, resulting in a net zero impact on the environment.
While they’ve been carbon neutral since 2000, they have prioritized environmental stewardship since their founding in 1956. In the 1960s they introduced one of the first nontoxic, biodegradable cleaners, and in the 1970s they introduced one of the first biodegradable laundry detergents without phosphates, nitrates, or borates. In 1989 they helped build schools and health clinics, and planted more than one million trees in Asia through a partnership with the American Himalayan Foundation®. In 1990 their nontoxic, biodegradable Basic-H® became one of the first official Earth Day products.
And on Earth Day in 2009 they planted the millionth tree at their headquarters in Pleasonton, CA as part of their A Million Trees, A Million Dreams™ campaign. And the list goes on. This company has always been rooted in nature, and does everything in their power to protect it—from how they source ingredients to how they run the company.
Every year presents new opportunities for the company to embrace circularity, reduce their impact, and take sustainability to the next level. This past year they focused on minimizing their use of plastic, reducing packaging and shipping weight, and sourcing recycled or recyclable materials to continue to cut down on waste and emissions. To honor their pledge to the planet, here’s an update on their sustainability achievements from last year, their goals for this year, and the progress they’re making to minimize their impact on the environment.
Here’s What They Achieved in 2022
- Saved 4,418 lbs of plastic by transitioning their Collagen-9™ canisters to resealable gusset bags. This change is projected to save 6,642 lbs of plastic this coming year.
- Planted over 30,000 trees through their partnership with American Forests®. They consider their commitment to planting 10 million trees as one of the most important things they can do to help sustain our planet. You can learn more about exactly how tree planting helps the environment here.
- Made changes to be more energy efficient in the way they process orders at their fulfillment center. Their transition to motion-activated LED lights and a higher-efficiency shipping pack line has helped reduce energy usage by 30%. They’ve also switched from air pillows to 100% post-consumer waste recycled paper for void fill during shipping packaging.
- Committed to investing in more sustainable plastic choices to reduce the use of virgin plastic. This includes their transition to powder scoops made from 100% post-consumer recycled plastic. This switch helped keep the equivalent of 510,000 bottle caps out of landfills.* Also, the packaging for all their new Body products is made up of 37–77% recycled plastic.
Their Goals for 2023
- As a company that has been carbon neutral for 20 years, they plan to work towards decarbonization goals throughout their entire supply chain. They’ve partnered with business sustainability ratings provider EcoVadis to gain insight into their suppliers’ sustainability and carbon management practices. EcoVadis provides expert intelligence and evidence-based ratings to help organizations of all sizes to monitor and improve the sustainability performance of their business and trading partners. Learn more about what it means for them to be climate neutral and how they’ve been able to offset 100% of their greenhouse gas emissions here.
- They plan to reduce their annual plastic use by an estimated 38,000 lbs and packaging weight by 84% by transitioning all their Protein Life Shake canisters to resealable gusset bags.
- Another goal is to ensure that more of their packaging is either reused, given a second life, or placed in the recycling bin. To do this, they plan to share their knowledge and provide simple guides and instructions on their product pages to make it easier for customers to upcycle and recycle product packaging.
- To reduce packaging waste going forward, they also will incorporate more reusable, compostable, and refillable packaging solutions with future products.
The company holds themselves to the highest environmental standards. By 2025 their goal is to have 100% of all packaging and shipping material they use be recyclable, reusable, refillable, compostable, or made with post-consumer recycled materials. Also, their Climate Neutral initiative will cover all scope 3 carbon emissions, including those produced by their suppliers, shipping partners, employees, and more.
If you are interested in improving your health and wellness while improving the wellness of your world at the same time through this incredible company, reach out to me at Jerry@Fit4LifeLLC.com!!!
*Taken from a post at Naturally by Shaklee